Updated April 3, 2020
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we may collect your name, picture, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, personal habits, demographics, and other information you provide us on our Services. We also collect credit card numbers and other payment information if you purchase products or our services from us or from an affiliated health care provider or pharmacy through our Services. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
If you become a patient of a healthcare provider affiliated with Dr. Pierre Kory, we may collect health information about you relating to your treatment such as your medical history and allergies to medications to provide you with continuous services through other affiliated health care providers.
When you visit our Website, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Website your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity and information about your device, such as your device and operating system type, wireless carrier, and device IDs, on our mobile applications.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Website or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Services or in connection with our services. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our Website, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Website, products, and services;
- Connect you with a healthcare professional for consultation and treatment;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about new products, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Dr. Pierre Kory and our selected partners;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Verify your identity and administer your account, including processing your payments and fulfilling your orders.
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
Dr. Pierre Kory may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. We use the personal information you provide us to operate the Service and to improve your experience.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services allow you to connect and share your actions, content, and information on third party websites and services. Please be mindful of your own privacy needs as you choose who to connect
- with and what to share and make public. We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public. We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties, such as physicians and other health care providers when you request a consultation, pharmacy or lab services;
with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company
We may share aggregated or de-identified information that does not identify any individual about our users. We may disclose information to third parties who help provide the service to you (your physician, our server host, etc.) but we do not sell your information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Dr. Pierre Kory takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Dr. Pierre Kory by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we will cease to send you any communications. To opt out, either click the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the email, or reply to the email with the word “unsubscribe” in the body of the reply email. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing info@localhost.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Dr. Pierre Kory strives to provide access to quality healthcare at affordable, transparent costs. Dr. Pierre Kory online platform utilizes technology (e.g. picture sharing, telemedicine, etc.) adapted for the specific needs of healthcare. Dr. Pierre Kory allows users of the Services (the “Users”) to share personal health information online. Dr. Pierre Kory may also contract with or allow for use of the Services by certain health care providers or networks of health care providers (collectively, “providers”) to facilitate your use of the Services or to make Dr. Pierre Kory Services available to Users who are patients of such providers. For the purposes of this Authorization, the terms “we” or “us” refers to Dr. Pierre Kory and to any of your provider(s) with which Dr. Pierre Kory contracts for the provision of the Services.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
As used in this Authorization, the term “health information” means all information, in any format including without limitation text, photos, and video, relating to your past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition; the provision of health care to you; or the past, present, or future payment for the provision of health care to you. It specifically includes such information after you have submitted your consult including consent and/or payment. It includes such information regardless of whether it is or has been posted on the Services, was submitted by you or by other Users of the Services, was made available to us by your providers, or was posted on the Services by us, and regardless of whether it is subsequently removed from the Services.
Examples of “health information” may include, but are not limited to:
- Photographs of you and/or your skin that are intended to document the condition of your skin.
- Information about your medical or mental condition or illness, including diagnosis date, first symptom information and family history.
- Treatment regimens, including treatment start dates, stop dates, dosages and side effects.
- Symptoms experienced, including severity and duration.
- Health risk assessment scores or surveys.
- Medications prescribed and supplements taken.
- Communications between you and your providers.
- Lab tests or lab results.
- Genetic information, including information on genetic tests and test results, individual genes and/or entire genetic scans.
- Tests or test results for diseases or health conditions.
- Alcohol, drug or substance abuse information.
- Claims information relating to your health care coverage with a health insurer, including but not limited to, benefits paid; benefits denied; pre-service, concurrent and post service certification/utilization review decisions; and/or care management activities.
You hereby authorize us, and any third party vendors acting on our behalf, to use or disclose all, or any part of, your health information to the persons or entities identified below for the stated purposes:
- To your providers in order to provide the Services to you and/or your providers.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to re-disclose your health information among ourselves, and to any third party vendors acting on our behalf, for the purpose of providing the Services to you, your providers, and/or other Users.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to use or disclose your health information to third parties in order to properly manage our business and/or to comply with our legal responsibilities (for example, to respond to a subpoena or similar legal process); when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to protect your safety or the safety of others; to investigate fraud; to respond to a governmental request for information; or in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of Dr. Pierre Kory assets.
- To the extent that authorization is required by applicable law, to market our products and services (and those of third parties) to you, though we will not disclose your health information in doing so. For example, we may allow third parties to choose the characteristics of users who will receive the communications, and we may use any attributes we have collected (including information you do not make available while using the Services) to select the appropriate audience for those communications.
In some cases, communications between you and Dr. Pierre Kory will include health information in unencrypted forms (most notably email and text). You are authorizing Dr. Pierre Kory to communicate with you using unencrypted mediums (like email and text) for some PHI including, but not limited to your Dr. Pierre Kory treatment plan, the name of your Provider, and the condition you’re seeking treatment for.
With this authorization, you understand the following risks of communicating using unencrypted mediums:
- Email and texts can be forwarded, printed, intercepted, and stored by anyone with access to your email inbox or mobile phone.
- These mediums are convenient, but are not appropriate for emergencies or time-sensitive information.
- Your employer(s) typically has the right to access any email received or sent by a person at work.
- Staff other than your healthcare provider may read and process email.
- Clinically relevant messages and responses will be documented and become part of your medical record at your Physician’s discretion.
- Dr. Pierre Kory is not liable for information lost or misdirected due to technical errors or failures.
This Authorization will expire as of the earliest of the following: (i) your valid revocation of this Authorization in accordance with the procedures set forth below; (ii) deactivation of your User account; or (iii) the maximum period permitted by applicable law.
We are required by law to make sure that PHI that identifies you is kept private, give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices concerning your PHI, and follow the terms of this Notice currently in effect.
Dr. Pierre Kory may also deny your request if you ask Dr. Pierre Kory to amend information that:
- Dr. Pierre Kory did not create, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment;
- is not part of the records used to make decisions about you;
- is not part of the information which you are permitted to inspect and to receive a copy; or is accurate and complete.
Right To an Accounting of Disclosures. You have the right to get a list of the disclosures Dr. Pierre Kory has made of your PHI. This list will not include all disclosures that Dr. Pierre Kory made. For example, this list will not include disclosures that Dr. Pierre Kory made for treatment, payment or health care operations. It will not include disclosures made before June 1, 2013, or disclosures you specifically approved. To ask for this list, send a message to info@localhost.
Right To Request Restrictions. You have the right to ask for a restriction or limitation on the PHI Dr. Pierre Kory uses or disclosures for treatment, payment or health care operations. You also have the right to ask for a limit on the PHI that Dr. Pierre Kory discloses with someone who is involved in your care or in the payment for your care. Such a person may be a family member or friend. Dr. Pierre Kory is not required to comply with your request. If Dr. Pierre Kory does agree, we will fulfill your request unless the information is needed to provide you with emergency treatment or if otherwise required by law. To ask for restrictions, please send an email to info@localhost. You must tell us:
- What information you want to limit,
- How you want us to limit the information, and
- To whom you want the limits to apply.
Right To Request Confidential Communications. You have the right to request confidential communications of your PHI or medical matters. You may request that Dr. Pierre Kory communicate with you through alternate means or at an alternate location. You must make your request in writing on a form that will be provided to you upon request. Dr. Pierre Kory will fulfill all reasonable requests.
Right To a Paper Copy of This Notice. You may ask Dr. Pierre Kory to give you a written copy of this Notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to get this Notice electronically, you still have a right to a paper copy of this Notice.
If you think your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with our Privacy Officer in writing at the address listed below. You may also file a complaint with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. You may file a complaint with the pharmacy or laboratory. Contact the pharmacy or laboratory directly with such a complaint. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint. You may also contact us for further information about your privacy rights by emailing us at info@localhost.
You may refuse to execute this Authorization. However, if you refuse to sign this Authorization, you will not have access to the Dr. Pierre Kory platform.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Dr. Pierre Kory may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the updated date above.
Dr. Pierre Kory may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the updated date above.
Dr. Pierre Kory
Thanks for using Dr. Pierre Kory.